Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sarah's wedding

I thought I'd share a few more pictures from Sarah's wedding. It was kind of a rainy day, but completely beautiful!


Here are my sisters and I, my mom, and Maycie. Remember when I said my sisters are all taller than I am? I wasn't kidding. The shoes I was wearing were at least 3 inches tall. Maybe if I stood up a little straighter instead of leaning away from Maycie's grabby hands I would look taller. Doubtful.


My aunt Amy is a party-planner extraordinaire. She did most of the decorating and coordinating and someday I want to grow up to be just like her. She arranged the flowers on their gorgeous (and yummy!) cake.

She also was the wonder behind this lovely sight:



One of Sarah's requests was a kid's table. I made a little printout with their engagement picture and a word-search with some of their favorite things. There were cups of crayons, Goldfish Crackers, and Teddy Grahams. I'm pretty sure Jayden's dinner came out of those cups as well.


Another picture of my sisters and I (Back: Me, Kathryn, Sarah, Johanna. Front: Deborah & Elizabeth). Things I love in this picture: 4 awesome headbands that I either made or helped make, we all part our hair on the same side, no one knew which camera to look at, Jo is a goof.


Rob has 10 (11? Now I forget) nieces and 2 nephews, so I made little lacy flower clips for all the girls and satin ties for the boys. Here is Maycie modeling her flower with Aunt Obis.


And here is Jayden with Kathryn. You really can't see his tie, but I had to stick a picture of this little dude in here. He's such a ham. And he makes me crazy, but I love him to pieces.



My youngest brothers made paper airplanes to throw at Sarah and Rob as they left their reception. We blew bubbles too. I'm slightly embarrassed that I don't have more pictures of the bride and groom, but I wanted to concentrate on little details. Don't they look happy? It gets me a little choked up. Ha! I'm such a baby!



One of the highlights of the reception, at least for these two, was Rob's car. Not how it was decorated really, but those bricks. They blocked up the front tires with those bricks so the car couldn't go anywhere but you really had no idea why. The tires were just barely off the ground and just spun when Rob hit the gas. I laughed so hard I was crying. And Dustin didn't complain one bit about how late it was when we got home, because he HAD to stay and see them "leave". I didn't complain. :) He and my brother Robert definitely had fun. Don't they look like 2 little troublemakers?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the tutorials on your blog! You need to post some more!! More pictures of your cute kids too, I bet they are getting so big! I'm not a good facebooker...I need blog posts to comment on.

    ReplyDelete