Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A floppy hat and airplanes




I recently made Jayden one of these hats from I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar. I LOVE all her little boy tutorials. So fun and so, so easy. The longest part of making this was picking out what fabrics to use. I ended up using 2 of Dustin's old shirts and a tank top from the dollar store. Dustin though it was pretty cool that I could reuse his shirts to make something for Jayden. Heck, I was pretty excited too. There isn't a fabric store around here that carries knits, so it's fun to figure out some ways to use what I have available.



Jayden got to wear his hat when we went to the Sanpete County Fly-In. He is a little obsessed with airplanes, helicopters, and rocketships, so this was a big deal to him. We got to see some cool planes (he's still talking about them), and he even got to sit in the Life Flight plane.



I'm pretty sure he would have sat here all day if we had let him. He just sat there, looking around, happy as could be.


Jayden hadn't ever had cotton candy before, so we got him some. Every kid should have the chance to bury their face in a big sugary puff of delicious, yes? That boy is so fun. I love when we can do things like this with him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment